Michigan’s Great Outdoors is an informal partnership of tourism leaders in Manistee, Mason, Oceana, Lake, and Newaygo counties. The group’s mission is to partner together to promote tourism for a stronger economy. It seeks to achieve this mission in three primary ways:
- To seek and create opportunities for collaboration and partnership on tourism efforts for the five counties
- To educate both residents and visitors about the tremendous wealth of natural and cultural reasons to spend time in any and all of the five counties.
- To be the gateway for information on events, tours, trails, scenic routes, and natural features available in all five counties.
The partnership meets monthly at a different location in one of the five counties. All five counties are represented in the partnership by various tourism entities in each county. Current partnership representatives include members of the following as well as individual tourism business owners:
- Manistee County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Hart-Silver Lake-Mears Area Chamber of Commerce
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes Area Chamber of Commerce
- Lake County Chamber of Commerce
- Newaygo Chamber of Commerce
- Ludington Chamber of Commerce
- Fremont Chamber of Commerce
- Ludington Area Convention & Visitors’ Bureau
- Michigan State University Extension, Manistee, Newaygo, Mason, Lake and Oceana Counties
- Newaygo Economic Development Office
- Oceana Economic Development Office
- Newaygo Tourist Council
If you have questions about the partnership or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.